Set Up Your Device for Video Visits
San Francisco Health Network now offers Video Visits, which allow you to see your provider without leaving home. You can use a smartphone, tablet or computer with a camera to see and hear your provider, all without the inconvenience of travel, parking or time away from work. If you have scheduled a video visit, view below for instructions on getting started. If you haven’t, be sure to discuss video visits with your provider to see if they are right for you.
How to get started!
To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Download the Zoom application for your device.
- Test the application on your device by clicking the button below.
- Prepare for your visit. Click the tab below to see what you will need the day before.
How to download Zoom on an Android:
How to download Zoom on an iPhone:
- Plan a private place to have your visit. It should be in a quiet, private place with a neutral background. Headphones are recommended.
- Be ready to join the Zoom meeting at least 5 minutes before your scheduled visit time.
Once you are ready to join the meeting follow the steps below:
Join the video visit
- Open the Zoom app, tap “Join meeting” and enter your provider’s 10-digit meeting ID.
- Ex: 123-456-7890
- Enter your first and last name
- Tap “Join” then “Join with Video”
Wait for Your Meeting Time
- You will automatically be placed in a waiting room.
- When your provider admits you, tap “call using internet audio”
During your visit
- Your provider will be in their office and will be able to speak with you, just like a normal visit.
- Once your video visit is complete, tap “Leave” in the upper right corner to leave the meeting.
Please contact your clinic by phone prior to your visit if you are having trouble With Zoom, or have not received an appointment or meeting ID. Please visit http://support.zoom.us for troubleshooting resources to help with Zoom.