Southeast Health Center is a primary care clinic at 2401 Keith St., serving the Bayview-Hunters Point in San Francisco. The clinic serves about 4,200 patients annually. Southeast provides: regular check-ups, prenatal care, women’s health services, behavioral health services, short-term counseling; access to resources for food, shelter, clothing, transportation; nutrition education, and other services. The facility also has a Dental Clinic.
About the project
In spring 2020, Southeast Health Center will embark on an expansion project to build a new primary care facility at the corner of Bancroft Avenue and Keith Street, next to the existing clinic. The 22,000-square-foot building will have two floors, 21 patient rooms, and enable the clinic to update and expand its health services. The $38 million project is mainly funded by the 2016 Public Health and Safety Bond, and is the second phase of the clinic’s improvements.
Patient and community benefits
- 16 exam rooms (4 additional exam rooms)
- 5 consultation rooms
- A large family consultation room
- 2 waiting rooms
- More space for a laboratory, podiatry and optometry services
- Large multi-purpose rooms
- Offices for shared public use
- Updated staff facilities (lounge, offices, showers, lactation room)
- Extra space available in existing clinic (plans for use undecided)
- Early 2020: The project is in the bidding stage for a general contractor
- Spring 2020: Construction groundbreaking (may be delayed because of the city’s COVID-19 emergency response efforts)
- Spring 2022: Clinic relocates to new building
- Summer 2022: All construction complete
All dates are subject to change.